In the world of SAP, the demand for specific modules can vary based on industry trends, market conditions, and evolving business needs. However, as of my last knowledge update in September 2022, some SAP modules were particularly in high demand. So, The question is Which SAP Module is highly Demanded? Let’s talk about this.
It’s important to note that the demand for SAP modules may change over time as new technologies and business priorities emerge. To determine which SAP module is highly demanded? it’s advisable to research the latest industry trends and consult job market data.
You need to consider three factors for selecting which SAP Module is highly Demanded?
- Job Opportunities in the chosen Module
- You academic background and work experience
- Your Career / Life Goals
Best SAP Modules for Job Opportunities
SAP has 25 modules and adding. Refer this list of all Best SAP Modules
But not all the 25 SAP modules are implemented in every company. The most implemented modules are the ones with most job opportunities.
We recommend you narrow down your choice of SAP modules in demand to the following which are popular
- SAP FI
- SAP MM
- SAP SD
- SAP PP
- SAP HR or HCM
- SAP HANA
- SAP Basis – for people with a technical bent
- SAP ABAP – Helps large corporations to customize the SAP ERP
Apart from the above best SAP course and modules, you can also consider making a career in many SAP add-on modules like which are HOT in market.
It’s important to note that the demand for SAP modules can change over time as technology evolves and business priorities shift. To stay up-to-date on which SAP modules are currently in high demand, it’s advisable to consult job market trends, industry reports, and SAP’s official website for the latest information.
Academic Background and work experience
Once you have narrowed your choices to above modules, you need to factor in your education and work experience (if any) to trim the choices even further for best SAP module for future.
For instance, if you are a MBA in HR it makes no sense choosing SAP FI module. SAP HCM is a more apt module for you. Working in HCM module will give you a competitive advantage as compared to SAP FI where you will work as a fresher.
Your Professional and Personal goals
This is often the most overlooked although the most important factor. Before selecting a SAP module , you need to think hard whether you want to work on SAP in first place ?
You need to factor in your inclination , passion , aptitude and career goals into your decision.
You need to ask yourself, whether you are looking for a “career” in SAP or just a job ?
SAP Modules Types:- Which SAP Module is highly Demanded?
SAP Modules can be categorized into –
- SAP Functional Modules
- SAP Technical Modules
These functional and technical modules in SAP are tightly coupled. Below is a key SAP Modules list.
SAP Modules list: Which SAP Module is highly Demanded?
Explore SAP’s most sought-after modules for a thriving career. Find out which SAP module is highly demanded? And kickstart your path to success in enterprise technology.
SAP MM Module
MM is Materials Management
Materials Management module in SAP consists of several components and sub-components including Master Data, Purchasing, and Inventory. Learn more about SAP MM
SAP PP Module
PP is Production Planning
SAP PP ( Production Planning) is a SAP module, specially designed for integrating different department involved in production and manufacturing. It has various components like Data Center, BOM, Work Center, CRP etc. Learn more about SAP PP.
SAP SD Module
SAP SD Module is Sales and Distribution
SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) is an important module of SAP ERP consisting of business processes required in selling, shipping, billing of a product. The module is tightly integrated with SAP MM & SAP PP. Key sub-modules of SAP SD are Customer and Vendor Master Data, Sales, Delivery, Billing, Pricing and Credit Management. Learn more about SAP SD.
ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming) is the default programming language for SAP applications. You can also use Java to code in SAP. Learn more about SAP ABAP.
where CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management
where Hana stands for High-performance Analytic Appliance.
SAP HANA is an in-memory computing platform that allows real-time data analysis. Its currently the market leader in BI.
SAP HCM Module
HR stands for Human Resources
SAP Human Capital Management (HCM) is also called SAP-HR. SAP HCM consists of sub-modules like Personnel Administration (PA), Organizational Management (OM), Time, Payroll that help in employee management. Learn more about SAP HCM
SAP Basis is a set of programs and tools that act as an interface with Database, Operating system, communication protocols and other SAP modules like FI,HCM, SD etc. Learn more about SAP Basis.
SAP FI Module
FI stands for Financial Accounting.
SAP FI module is very robust and covers almost all financial business process encountered in various industries. It is one of the widely implemented SAP ERP modules. Learn more about SAP FI.
SAP CO Module
CO stands for Controlling
Cost Accounting (CO) module of SAP provides information to managers decision makers to understand where the company’s money is being spent. CO helps them to optimize business costs.
SAP QM Module
QM stands for Quality Management
SAP QM (Quality Management) is an integral part of several key business processes of SAP like production, sales, procurement, material management, etc. Learn more about SAP QM
SAP BW Module
where BW stands for Business (Data) Warehouse
SAP BI (Business Intelligence) or SAP BW is a leading data warehousing and reporting tool. It helps convert raw data into information and insights that help improve business margins. Learn more about SAP BW
Other SAP Modules
- SAP EC Module – where EC stands for Enterprise Controlling
- SAP TR Module – where TR stands for Treasury
- SAP IM Module – where IM stands for Investment Management
- SAP IS – where IS stands for Industry Specific Solution
- SAP PS Module– and PS is Project Systems
- SAP CAC – Cross Application Components
- SAP SCM- where SCM stands for Supply Chain Management
- SAP PLM- where PLM stands for Product LifeCycle Management
- SAP SRM- where SRM stands for Supplier Relationship Management
- SAP CS- where CS stands for Customer Service
- SAP SEM – where SEM stands for STRATEGIC ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT
- SAP RE – where RE stands for Real Estate
- SAP PM Module– where Plant Maintenance is the PM
- SAP Security Learn more about SAP Security
- SAP FSCM – where FSCM stands for Financial Supply Chain Management
- SAP NetWeaver
- SAP XI – where XI stands for Exchange Infrastructure
- SAP Solution Manager – Learn more about Solution Manager
- SAP LE – where LE stands for Logistics Execution
- SAP APO- where APO stands for Advanced Planning and Optimization
- SAP AFS – where AFS stands for Apparel and Footwear Solution
- SAP CC – where CC stands for Convergent Charging
- SAP ITS – where ITS stands for Internet Transaction Server
- SAP ICM – where ICM stands for Incentive and Commission Management
- SAP KW – where KW stands for Knowledge Warehouse
- SAP MDM – where MDM stands for Master Data Management